Monday, July 7, 2014

Let's do this!!


When I thought about going back to school for my Master’s degree, (after not being a students for four years!!) the idea of joining a program and adding yet another thing to my plate was exciting, stressful, and yes, overwhelming.  Many friends suggested that I try an Ohio Writing Project class to see if it might be something I’d be interested in.  I took an OWP weekend workshop in February called Revision and Reflection.  Needless to say, I was instantly hooked.  When the workshop ended on Sunday afternoon, I left with a plethora of resources that I could use in my very own classroom.  This was the first class that I had ever attended where I didn’t feel like I was just completing busy work.  I knew that OWP’s courses would help me become a better teacher. 

Lucky for me, OWP offers a Master of Arts in Teaching in English program, in which you earn a Master’s degree through their courses and research.  The first step to this program is to complete OWP’s four-week class, a workshop called Teaching of Writing.  Throughout the past four weeks, I’ve met some phenomenal teachers, made some friendships that I know will last a lifetime, and gained a variety of ideas that I plan to implement in my own classroom. 


Although this summer seems to be sneaking away quickly before my very own eyes, I’m excited to try some of the great ideas my friends have given me.  I’m truly inspired to spice things up!

To document my transformation as an OWP-er, I thought I'd start a blog... Something COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone.  Throughout my research, I'll post what's going on in my classroom (the good, bad, and ugly) and hope to share ideas and resources with fellow colleagues.

Alright... without further adieu.... LET'S DO THIS!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you're sharing your experience this way! Let's do this!!

    ReplyDelete